Harmar Bridge Restoration + Ohio Abortion Rules + MC Softball Players
Happy Tuesday, Marietta! Let’s start this day off right. Here’s what’s happening in town today.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Sun. High: 80 Low: 51.
Here are today’s top stories at Marietta:
- The Harmar Bridge is undergoing much-needed restoration. (WTAP)
- Ohio is ready to establish its own heartbeat abortion ban if Roe V Wade is overturned. If the Supreme Court’s decision goes as planned, Ohio is on the verge of cracking down and establishing strict abortion laws. (Statehouse News Bureau)
- Five Marietta College softball players have been named to the All-OAC team. (Marietta College)
- The Betsy Mills will sell historic Marietta doorbells. They will cost $40 and can be found at American Flags and Poles and Betsy Mills. (Facebook)
- The Washington County Health Department celebrates National Nurses Week. (Facebook)
From our sponsor:
Today’s newsletter is brought to you in part by Ring, a partner of the Patch brand. Did you know Ring now makes a home security system that offers both online and offline protection? It’s Ring Alarm Pro, a DIY home security system that includes a built-in eero Wi-Fi 6 router.
To learn more about the security system that offers reliable physical and digital security in one innovative deviceor to create your own custom system, you can visit Ring here.
- Main street of Marietta: “We are looking for artists and vendors to join us for our first summer Fridays by booking a place in our artists’ village. Our art walks will take place during our first Fridays in June, July and August from 5pm to 9pm . We will block Butl…” (Facebook)
- Marietta College: “Take a look at Saturday’s Commencement celebration and hear from the Class of 2022 members.” (Facebook)
- Memorial Health System: “We love these artworks from Belpre Elementary and their art teacher Margie Orcutt, thank you! These masterpieces will be on display throughout Belpre Medical Campus during National Hospital Week! #SendASmile #GoodVibes #Community #Liv…” (Facebook)
- Marietta City Schools – Marietta, Ohio: “We have three opportunities to dress up this week and celebrate the hard work of our Tigers. Tuesday: Spring Concert for Marietta High School Choirs at 7 p.m. Thursday: – Senior Awards Ceremony at 8:30 a.m. – Spring Concert for Marietta High Sc…” (Facebook)
- Marietta City Schools – Marietta, Ohio: “We have several positions open in our district for certified teachers to bring their #growthmindset to Marietta City schools. Apply today! #mcsoh #artseducation #STEMeducatiohttps://www.facebook.com/10006.. .n https://bit .ly/NowHiringMCS_Spring22” (Facebook)
- Marietta/Belpre Health Department: “Our next nurse is Kim! She helps the kids who come to see us at MBHD! She lights up every room she walks into! Once again, we are so lucky to have her on our team! Thank you for all you do , Kim! #mymbhd #mariettaoh #belpreoh #NursesWee…” (Facebook)
- The Castle – Marietta, Oh: “Make it a day! Our Executive Director, Scott Britton, will speak during The Fields of Gettysburg intermission at the Peoples Bank Theater on Saturday. He will discuss the roles local soldiers have played in particular…” (Facebook )
- Marietta/Belpre Health Department: “In addition to Nurses Week, it’s also National Women’s Health Week! We offer many women’s health services here at MBHD. From STI screenings to reproductive services, we do it! Come or call and make an appointment today!…” (Facebook)
- Washington County Health Department: “Happy Nurses Week. We love our Public Health Nurses!” (Facebook)
- Washington County Public Library: “Here is the Bibliobus schedule for tomorrow May 10! A * means a stop at a private establishment.” (Facebook)
- Marietta/Belpre Health Department: “Car Seat Classes this Thursday! Call today to see if you qualify and reserve your spot! (740)-373-0611 Ext 2301. #mymbh #mariettaoh #belpreoh #carseat #class #community #health” (Facebook)
- Next door neighbour, Devola: “If you weren’t able to join us in person, you can still watch the Putnam Congregational Church’s weekly posts. – This post is dated May 8, 2022, and today we continued our series on the ” good news “according to Jean le Ap…” (Next)
You are officially informed for today! See you soon.
— Christopher Schmitt
About me: Hi, I’m the Community Editor for Patch.com/marietta. I have lived in Marietta most of my life. I graduated from Ohio University’s EW Scripps School of Journalism in 2014. I wrote for a community newspaper before moving to New York to be a national correspondent for IHeartRadio. I look forward to bringing my experience home and providing Marietta with the exceptional journalism she deserves. You can email me at [email protected] or call me at 740-516-4969.
Do you have a topical tip or a suggestion for an upcoming Marietta Daily? Contact me at [email protected]