Boil Water Alert + Full Cleanup + Downtown Workshops
Hello everyone. It’s Sunday in Marietta and I’m back in your inbox to update you on all the most important things happening in our community today.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Partly sunny and pleasant. High: 84 Low: 61.
Here are today’s top stories at Marietta:
- A boil water advisory has been issued for parts of Marietta. (Facebook Marietta Ohio)
- People are going to be able to use full cleaning to get rid of trash for most of the day at the city’s expense. (Marietta/Belpre Health Department Facebook)
- Buckeye Hills Regional Council is looking to use much of the state money expected to arrive to reinvent town centres. They hold workshops for Washington, Morgan, Noble, and Monroe counties. (Parkersburg News)
Today in Marietta:
From my notebook:
- Marietta Fire Department Local 442: “Just a look at Fire Station 1. One of 3 stations that serve our great city. Located near City Hall at 301 Putnam Street, this station houses a medic, ladder truck and an engine. Built in 1936, this barracks is the oldest station in the c…” (Marietta Firefighters Local 442 via Facebook)
- Mariette Ohio: “Boil Water Advisory Issued: Locations Affected: Customers from the I-77 Bridge at the 1390 Glendale Extension, including Sherry Drive, Country Meadows, Glenwood Retirement Community and the Pine Meadows area, will have their water service interrupted from …” (Marietta Ohio via Facebook)
- Harmar Village – Marietta, Ohio: “Gorgeous, crisp images with Harmar Village as a backdrop, captured with the following notation: ‘I’m new here! Hello, I just wanted to share some of my senior photos that I did in the beautiful village of harmer. Feel free to share…” (Harmar Village – Marietta, Ohio via Facebook)
- The Castle – Marietta, Oh: “What could your 3rd-6th grader learn at history camp? Friday, July 15: War in the Kitchen: Baking a ‘War Cake’ What’s better than a slice of cake to score a celebration? In this activity, campers will cook ‘war cake’ using sound…” (The Castle – Marietta, Oh via Facebook)
- The Castle – Marietta, Oh: “Check out our full lineup of events: https://mariettacastle.org/events/” (The Castle – Marietta, Oh via Facebook)
- Marietta/Belpre Health Department: “Alzheimer’s Awareness Month! Here are some tips for managing Alzheimer’s, being there and helping family and friends. It can be hard to know what to do, what not to do, how to help, etc. These tips may work for some, but not…” (Marietta/Belpre Health Department via Facebook)
- Marietta/Belpre Health Department: “Don’t forget! This weekend and next, ‘All Out, Clean Out!’ Today and tomorrow, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., at Jackson Park and Flanders Field!” (Marietta/Belpre Health Department via Facebook)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
That’s all for today. I will see you soon!
— Christopher Schmitt
About me: Hi, I’m the Community Editor for Patch.com/marietta. I have lived in Marietta most of my life. I graduated from Ohio University’s EW Scripps School of Journalism in 2014. I wrote for a community newspaper before moving to New York to be a national correspondent for IHeartRadio. I look forward to bringing my experience home and providing Marietta with the exceptional journalism she deserves. You can email me at [email protected] or call me at 740-516-4969.
Do you have a topical tip or a suggestion for an upcoming Marietta Daily? Contact me at [email protected]