Ohio State finishes 12th as a team at NCAA Championships – Ohio State Buckeyes
RESULTS | PHOTO GALLERY
Columbus, Ohio –The Ohio State track team wrapped up the 2022 season Saturday at the NCAA Championships. The Buckeyes finished 12e as a team with 19 points, just two points off the top 10.
END RESULTS ON THE FIELD
- Jaimie Robinson finished 12e in the triple jump (13.14 m), improving his score with each of his three jumps.
FOLLOW THE END RESULTS
- Anavia Battle finished third in the 200m with a time of 22.33, her second fastest time of the season. This added six points to the team’s total.
- The Buckeyes 4x100m relay team (Battle, Yanique Dayle, Nya Bussey, Leah Bertrand) finished sixth overall (43.52) to earn three points toward the team total.
- Alexus Pyles finished second in the long jump with a wind-allowed personal best of 6.18m, achieved on his second and third attempts. After five events, Pyles finished fourth in the field with 4,417 points.
- Pyles finished 20e in the javelin with a best throw of 28.26 m. She finished seventh overall in the competition with only the 800m remaining.
- Pyles finished 22n/a in the 800m (2:35.11).
- Pyles concluded the heptathlon in 13e overall with a total of 5,491 points, including four personal bests and four top-eight finishes.
- First team: Adelaide Aquilla (shot put), 4x100m relay (Yanique Dayle, Anavia Battle, Nya Bussey, Leah Bertrand), Anavia Battle (200m)
- Second team: Alexus Pyles (100m hurdles), Nya Bussey (100m), 4x400m relay (Jaydan Wood, Alyssa Marsh, Bryannia Murphy, Yanique Dayle), Jaimie Robinson (triple jump), Alexus Pyles (heptathlon)
- Honorable mention: Yanique Dayle (100m), Anavia Battle (100m), Chanler Robinson (400m hurdles)